|Old bank at Molson|
|Inside the bank...|
|Shingle mill and law office|
The next museum we visited was the Schoolhouse Museum. The 3-story brick schoolhouse was built in 1914, and closed in 1969.
|The old science room|
|More in the science room...|
|The old gymnasium now houses a large assortment of old relics to peruse...|
|The bleachers were incorporated into the stairs that lead into the gym.|
|The stage of the Assembly Hall|
Unfortunately, we decided to visit Molson late in the afternoon, and ran out of time before we could visit the third museum, which is an old church that was added as a museum in 2004. Guess we'll have to go back....
The museums are free to visit, though donations are welcome! They are maintained and operated by volunteers, though there is some expense involved in preserving this historic collection. They are open daily from 10 AM - 5 PM from Memorial Day through Labor Day. For more information, visit the Okanogan Historical Society.
If you are interested in accommodations, the Inn at Molson is a bed and breakfast, as well as a restaurant, overlooking the town of Molson. Just a ways down the road is the Eden Valley Guest Ranch with cabins and horseback riding!